by Lena Adian
History of Coleman County and Its People,
The Church of Christ at Fisk was organized about 1906. Having no church building, some of the Church of Christ members helped the Brown Ranch Methodist Church on their new building and held their meetings there until the next year. 1907, when the community tabernacle was built at Fisk by the men in the community. It had the four corners cut off, making it an octagonal shape with windows in the corners. The north side had a solid wall and a door, but the east, south and west sides were made in solid panels, hinged at the top. These could be raised to make an open tabernacle for summer use.
In 1953 Mr. A. C. Sparks gave land across the road northeast of Fisk and a building was bought and moved from Camp Bowie. The Church of Christ met in that building until the church was disbanded in 1967, and members went to Coleman and Santa Anna churches. Some old timers who were active in the Fisk Church of Christ were: Mr. and Mrs. Joe Hinds and family, Mr. and Mrs. George Fields and family, Mr. and Mrs. Tom Fields and family, Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Wiginton and family, Mr. and Mrs. Al Fields and family, Mm. and Mrs. J. M. McQueen and family, Mr. and Mrs. L. A. Kile and family, Mr. and Mrs. Amos Taylor and daughters, Mr. and Mrs. R. B. Siddall and family, Mr. and Mrs. John Terry and family, Mr. and Mrs. H. M. Lawrence and family, Mr. and Mrs. W. F. Love and family, Mr. and Mrs. Will White and family, the Bud Crawford family, the Charlie Thompson family, the Henry T. Morgan family, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Patton, the Ed Crawfords, the Robert Andersons, and Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Terry.
Don Mitchell, minister, 1966