|Otha Melvin Heallen was born July 3, 1893, in La Fayette, Georgia,
the son of M. C. Heallen and Sarah (Dovie) Cordell. Otha came to
Coleman County from Bell County in 1912, married Minnie Bivins (1894-1962)
on December 21, 1912 (see Bivins). They rented a farm in the Plainview
Community south of Santa Anna. Their children are:
(1) Printess (January 4, 1914) married Allene Riddle. They had
three children: Barbara Kay Amelang, David, and John.
(2) Allene (February 18, 1917) married Daulton Paschall. Their
children are Winfred and Max.
(3) Buna (April 16, 1919) married Lewis W. Johnson. Their children
are Lewis, Jr., Judy Carroll McNichols, and Susan Bordvosky.
(4) Aletha Jewell (October 16, 1920) married J.C. Kirschner. They
had two children: James C. (Jimmie) and Timothy Paul (Tim).
(5) Freda (November 8, 192S) married Jasper Elliott. Their children
are Diane Davis and Stephen Jasper.
(6) Fred (December 5, 1927) died at birth.
(7) Kenneth Edwin (December 14, 1933) married Sherlene Byrd. Their
two children are Tracy Ann and Lisa Dawn.
O. M. Heallen died May 29, 1959 in Austin; Minnie died three years later
on October 8, 1962, both are buried at Capital Memorial Gardens in Austin.
(Images to be added)
Minnie Bivins Heallen
Otha M. Heallen